In the 16th century it had already had a perish house and at its border there was built a chapel in respect to St. Imre, the ruins of which could have still been seen in the 19th century. Its current church can be found in the center of the village and it offers many sites. The building was made between 1851 and 1856 and it was built to respect St. Andras. This is where we can see the wooden copy of the Mary Statue of Csiksomlyo made in 1750.
This statue was made for the Franciscan monastery from Esztelnek and it was rescued to Futasfalva during the war of independence from 1848-49. Due to the fact that this statue is at this church the religious authorities declared the place a pilgrimage site and it was allowed to organize annual pilgrimages at the name day of Virgin Mary since 1992. According to the idea of priest Tifan Lajos, they established a crucifix path of 1 km up towards the Ter mountain. This new shrine is visited by hundreds of pilgrims from all over the world, from sister villages and other places from Transylvania.