Bálványos Bath came into being in 1956 when three spa resorts grew together. The oldest one, situated at Bálványos Pass, was known under the name of Torjai-büdös. The second one, the Csiszár Spa, situated at the foot of the Csoma Ridge, bears the name of its founder, Dénes Csiszár; while the third one, at the foot of Mount Vár, was first referred to as Váradi-Spa, and later as Transylvania-Spa in the literature on balneology.
After the 1989 events the centres of treatment at Várpad and Transylvania Spas ceased their operation. Later, however, they started developing again. The Best Western Hotel, a centre of treatment that meets all modern standards, was built on the ruins of the Torjai-büdös spa.
Another place of interest is Bálványos Castle. It was built in the Middle Ages, in the 11th-12th centuries.
The distance between Bálványos Bath and the Saint Anne Lake is 13,5 km